Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Moral dialema

So you might wonder why I am calling myself ‘The Tipsy Tart’ I guess it is the most accurate description of the person I am at the moment (although drunken slag might be a better description, we will stick with tipsy tart for now) and I guess like the deliciously sweet, decadent, sticky, slightly alcoholic desert of the same name, too much of me might just leave you feeling a little over indulged!

Now I have given a brief description of myself I want to start off with my views on morality.

We live in a world where we are morally challenged at the best of times; being an admirer of the human condition I find it fascinating how one person’s actions will path the way for another person’s blatant disregard for the simplest of rules and moral values. We live in a society where opening doors for a lady, stopping at a stop street, saying please and thank you are minor luxuries, sending an sms to dump someone is normal now and takes away any moral value we put into a relationship away, where internet dating allows us to court 3,4 or more people at once, while we believe that no-one is the wiser and where my best friends lover is my potential shag all in the name of freedom of choice in this society of ‘loose morals’ …oh bring it on this decadent lifestyle that leaves us fulfilled in every which way except emotionally.

I have this hidden talent that I am not completely aware of but I know it is there, I am ‘not consciously deceitful’. There, I have admitted to it. At the best of times in my quest for moral superiority I will duck and dive, twist and turn all kinds of truths into a tangled web of unconscious deceit. If only you knew how many ways I have subconsciously come up with to avoid having to answer the simplest of questions, I am by nature a mysterious beast, an plan to stay that way for a least a while longer.

So I am starting this blog as a form of moral therapy and in a way to understand myself and some of society. Today is my birthday and I think it only appropriate to start the day with rebirth, my quest for a state of moral sobriety. So let us see if I can find any answers to the multitude of questions that plague me, and most importantly if I can find my heart somewhere in this tangled web of deceit I have been creating. Let the morality games begin.

1 comment:

Bruce said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blog my friend. Happy birthday and may I ad what a shimmering first entry. big love.